Thursday, May 28, 2009

Mom Trauma, otherwise known as LOVE in kindergarten

So...I was picking John up from kindergarten today. The kids were lined up outside the classroom door and I was running a little late. So when I saw John standing there I was shocked to see his arm around a girl's shoulder and her arm around his waist. They were very cosie...I was not. I told John it was time to go and he smiled really big at me and then leaned in for a KISS (on the cheek, but how shocking). He was just grinning. She then says to me, "Can John come to my house and play today?" Since they were such good friends my obviouse answer was NO!! but I said it very nice because she is just a little cutie. This is also the same girl that sent him a really sweet love letter home in his backpack about a month ago. Sam is of course shocked as well because he used to run away from girls in kindergarten. Oh what have I gotten myself into? My brother, Matt, must have been having secret 'picking up on girls' lessons with him. I better keep my eye out.

3 comments:

Tami said...

That is funny! Dillon did not chase the girls but Garrett is chasing them and he thinks a girl is cute- ahhhhhh!

Beth said...

Uh-oh! Sounds like trouble! (Hilarious though!)

meinlebeninhoyerswerda said...

Ja,ja Stacie, so faengt es an. Da gibt es ein Sprichwort: "Frueh uebt sich wer ein Meister werden will"
:o)

Marita