Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Allie


Today has been a long awaited day in our home. Allie has made her own invitations to all the family and been counting down the days for a month. She has decided to refer to herself as "the Birthday Girl." I was sending the kids to Grandma's house for Grandma to take them to get Allie's free ice cream (thanks to Cumorah, love them). John darted across the street looking right and left for cars as he was in the street. Allie, on the other hand, stopped, looked right and left, and then proceeded across the street. I am always trying to practice positive parenting, so I yelled, "Good job Allie, thank you for looking before you crossed the street." She then yells back a classic comment, "Birthday Girls always do what their mom's want on their birthday." This is said from the girl who asked me last night, "I get to do whatever I want tomorrow because it's my birthday, right mom?" Man I love her.

3 comments:

K. D. Montgomery said...

Hey Stacie, what cute stories. I love how kids always come up with the funniest things. It's good to see how you guys are doing.

Kristy said...

She is a cute little stinker. I always have liked to celebrate my birthday for a whole month too. Thanks for posting your updates -- it's always so fun to see what you guys are up to!

tuhine peggy said...

That kids going to be a delight for life! Remember that when she's 16, OK? She must have some Grandma Brenda on board. Love it!